If you’ve come here looking for our blog A Year In Cornwall, you’ve come to right place. While we’re no longer in Cornwall, the blog is still here, with photos and stories of the almost two years we spent there. It was a time that was both wonderful and difficult, and like many thing in life, if we were to do it again we would do it quite differently…but that will have to wait for a future posting.
In the meantime we’re back in Northern California. Nathaniel is in 2nd grade. Sebastian is in pre-school. Rosie (the dog) flew back in February, after we bought a new house. I am currently working as Director of Engineering at a startup in Silicon Valley, and Rachel is starting a new career as a life coach. In other words we’re smack dab back into the life we left behind.
I don’t know when we’ll have a chance to live overseas again, but I’m sure we will. I think I’d like to live for a year in the Alps – somewhere where we can put the kids in school, ski for a season, and meet some interesting people. I’ve heard that Canazei, Italy might be a good place – if you think that’s true, or if you know other places we should be looking at in France, Switzerland or Italy, please let us know.
Until then, I have a couple of more Cornwall stories to tell…look for them soon.
With kindest regards,
– Frank and Rachel
My Favorite Stories
- Starting At The Beginning
- Where Are We?
- Train Riding As Sport
- It’s Not About Me Anymore
- Going To The Doctor For A Gunky Eye
- Do Pigs Poop Hamburgers Out?
- Am I Hitch Hiking Or Driving?
- The Stars Are Brighter In Cornwall
- What Are We Doing in Cornwall?
- Apples and Blackberries From The Garden
- Time As A Luxury Item
- Remembering The Things They Say And Do
- Currency Games
- Hovering Somewhere Over The Atlantic
- Driving On The Wrong Side Of My Brain
- A Present Giving Kind Of Day
- Wet And Windy In Port Isaac
- Learning To Crawl By Crawling Backwards
- The Land That Stop Signs Forgot
- Thanks For Your Feedback
- Close Encounters Of The Cornwall Kind
- Blogus Interruptus – Off To Florence
- Welcome to Pisa: “No War, Yankee Go Home”
- If It’s Monday It Must Be Perugia
- Some Things Right And Wrong With Italy
- Italy Wrapup
- Remembering My Father, 1930 - 1999
- Food As A Motor Control Incentive
- First Impressions & Too Many Degrees Of Freedom
- They Called It New England For A Reason
- The Brits Are A Bit Nuts When It Comes To The Beach
- Did I Really Go Surfing In November?
- Our Very Own Christopher Robins
- Trip To Southern France
- Happy Thanksgiving To Our Family, Friends and Readers
- How Old Is It Anyway? [Guest Entry]
- Best Wishes For A Happy, Healthy And Peaceful New Year
- Getting Our Pets To England
- Playing Music Again
- Settling In To Cornwall
- To My Valentine
- Life Reboot
- Frank’s Wood - Bluebells, Communion and Stepping Stones
- The Extraordinary In Our Lives
- Making Life Simpler – Part I: No Forwarding Address
- Welcome To Surrey, Just Keep Your Dog At Home
- And What About Those Two Boys Of Yours?
- The 7-11-ification of Politics In America
- The Power of Language
- Moving To England – What Do I Bring?
- The Price of Gasoline
- Year 1: An Emotional Rollercoaster
- Moving To England – Getting Stuff There
- Status Update: January 7, 2005
- Questions About Cornwall Life
- On Missing England
- Things I Like About England - I
- Things I Like About England - II
3 Comments »
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>